Senior Business Development Manager
As every degree of warming is projected to cause at least a five-percent decrease in global crop yield (IPCC, 2021), agriculture calls for an urgent transformation.
finres was created in 2019 and gathers scientists motivated by the ambition to revolutionize decision-making in rural economies. finres scientists put sciences and the latest technological advances at the service of food security and sovereignty. We created the first scientific and AI platform to underwrite agricultural loans under climate change and prioritize investments in technologies and practices in the agricultural sector. The firm has informed US$1.4 billion of investments in 32 countries and works with partners such as the World Bank, the United Nations, CRDB (Tanzania’s largest bank) and the French Development Agency (AFD). If you aspire to be an active player in the resilient movement, this opportunity will fulfill your aspiration.
After three years of bootstrapping, finres has raised 4.1 million euros from some of Europe’s most prestigious VCs and Business Angels. The objective of the fundraising is to accelerate the deployment and development of finres’ solutions globally.
As a Senior Business Development Manager at finres, you will be responsible for identifying and pursuing opportunities that support the company’s growth and for coordinating our business development activities worldwide. You will work closely with our Senior Sales Ambassadors to develop and implement strategies for growth and develop public-private partnerships (PPP) to build the future of resilient agricultural investments.
1/Generating new opportunities through prospecting
- Conduct market research to identify potential business opportunities.
- Develop inbound and outbound lead generation activities.
- Attend shows, conferences, and other events to build a network.
2/Qualifying and nurturing leads
- Prepare and deliver personalized presentations to potential partners.
- Nurture and develop relationships with prospects.
- Schedule meetings and demos with qualified prospects.
- Utilize CRM software to manage leads and opportunities.
- Coordinate the activities of Senior Sale Ambassadors and generate reports.
3/ Develop and execute public affairs strategies
- Monitor legislative and regulatory developments that may impact the company and communicate these developments to relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including government agencies, international organizations and non-governmental organizations.
- Adopt a prospective approach and identify projects/programs/tenders that could be of interest to the company.
- Fluent in English and a good grasp of French
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, International Finance, International Affairs, or related field
- Strong and proven knowledge of public and commercial banks, and / or governments.
- At least five years of experience in business development, with a preference for eight years and more.
- Vivid interest and knowledge of climate issues, agriculture and development.
- Ability to communicate complex issues, especially related to sciences, to a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Experience using CRM software (Salesforce, Monday, etc.).
- Ability to think creatively and strategically.
- CV’s screening: The hiring team will carefully review the received CVs and shortlist candidates who meet the basic requirements.
- Initial screening interview: Selected candidates will be contacted for an initial screening interview, which will be conducted over the phone or through video conferencing. This interview aims to assess the candidate’s communication skills, general fit for the role and motivation.
- Selection test: Shortlisted candidate will have to take a short selection test designed to evaluate their analytical and presentation skills.
- Final interview: Following the selection test, candidates who performed well will be invited to a last interview with our CEO.
- Decision and offer: After an internal discussion within the hiring team, the selected candidate will be formally extended a job offer.
Location of the position: Paris, 16th Arrondissement (with the possibility of having days of teleworking).
Contract: Permanent contract with a probation period of four months renewable once.
Remuneration: The salary is aligned with motivation and experience of the candidates. Bonuses based on performance and exceeding targets. Stock-options (BSPCE) for employees.
- The ability to contribute to the resolution of global challenges
- The Navigo transport pass is partially covered (50%).
- Public and private health insurance.
Application will be examined on a rolling basis until the suitable applicant is found.