As every degree of warming is projected to cause at least a five-percent decrease in global crop yield (IPCC, 2021), agriculture calls for an urgent transformation.
finres was created in 2019 and gathers scientists motivated by the ambition to revolutionize decision-making in rural economies. finres scientists put sciences and the latest technological advances at the service of food security and sovereignty. We created the first scientific and AI platform to underwrite agricultural loans under climate change and prioritize investments in technologies and practices in the agricultural sector. The firm has informed US$1.4 billion of investments in 32 countries and works with partners such as the World Bank, the United Nations, CRDB (Tanzania’s largest bank) and the French Development Agency (AFD). If you aspire to be an active player in the resilient movement, this opportunity will fulfill your aspiration.
After three years of bootstrapping, finres has raised 4.1 million euros from some of Europe’s most prestigious VCs and Business Angels. The objective of the fundraising is to accelerate the deployment and development of finres’ solutions globally.
As a Student Research Assistant, you will have the opportunity to work closely with experienced researchers on cutting-edge projects in climate science. This role offers valuable hands-on experience and the chance to contribute to groundbreaking research within your field of interest.
- Conducting literature reviews, gathering relevant research materials, and summarizing relevant findings.
- Assisting in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data.
- Assisting in the design and execution of research projects.
- Organizing and maintaining research data and records.
- Performing data analysis using statistical software.
- Presenting research findings in team meetings or assisting in the preparation of reports and publications.
- Maintaining ethical standards and adhering to research protocols.
- Collaborating with team members on fieldwork, experiments, or modeling projects.
- Contributing to the preparation of research reports, publications, and presentations.
- Currently pursuing a Master’s degree in climate science, agronomy, economics, or a related subject.
- Strong passion for climate change and a desire to make a meaningful impact.
- Fluent in English, French is not required.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Enthusiasm for learning and adapting to new research methodologies and technologies.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools and software such as Python, R, or GIS is an advantage.
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team with the willingness to learn.
- CV’s screening: The hiring team will carefully review the received CVs and shortlist candidates who meet the basic requirements.
- Initial screening interview: Selected candidates will be contacted for an initial screening interview, which will be conducted over the phone or through video conferencing. This interview aims to assess the candidate’s communication skills, general fit for the role and motivation.
- Selection test: Shortlisted candidate will have to take a short selection test designed to evaluate their organizational and writing skills.
- Final interview: Following the selection test, candidates who performed well will be invited to a last interview with our CEO.
- Decision and offer: After an internal discussion within the hiring team, the selected candidate will be formally extended a job offer.
This is a part time definite term contract for the duration of one year, with a schedule adapted to the research assistant’s study’s constraints. Depending on performance and company needs, this has the possibility to become a full-time position. We offer flexible hours, along with a supportive work environment that encourages innovation and personal growth. If you have a passion for creating dialogue with various audiences as it relates to climate change, adaptation, and climate tech, we invite you to join our team and make a meaningful impact through your writing. Please submit your resume and a cover letter through the form below.
Applications will be examined on a rolling basis until the suitable applicant is found.